Nobody wants to get scammed, it’s a fact. But, are there really ways to avoid that? Dating experts think, it’s completely possible if one uses experienced daters’ advice.
How do we chose the dating app that we’d like to use? Firstly, we listen to someone’s advice, but it can appear to be an advertisement. So it makes sense to check the reviews as well.
Now, the positive reviews are often paid, while negative reviews come from the competitors. So it’s better to read as many reviews as possible, and make sure they match each other.
Of course, the best way to try the app is its trial period. But not all dating platforms let you stop using them before charging you. Sometimes it’s impossible to even contact a support team.
But, if all these stages are positive and you like both the reviews and your trial on the app, try to go on and move to the next stage. It’s intensive corresponding with the girls.
It’s not easy for a beginner, or even for a skilled online dater to detect a sincere girl among all the others. So what matters first, is the overall quality and sincerity of the girls on this app.
The very first thing to do is analyzing the introductory messages you are receiving. It’s already known what you should consider a red flag in this regard.
- Messages shouldn’t arrive too soon, and too many of them immediately after your registration. Real girls would not be able to see your profile so quickly.
- Messages shouldn’t be very typical and impersonal, like, hello I need a nice man like you. If they are, it can mean they are sent by bots to big masses of men.
- First messages shouldn’t be naughty. Doesn’t matter how much it flatters you that a stunning model already wants you desperately, it’s usually just a commercial trick.
- The facts or personal info she mentions in her message, differ from the ones indicated in her profile. It can be the place of living, age, marital status, or whatever.
- A woman shouldn’t quickly switch to complaints about her current financial difficulties. You’re still a stranger to her, so it’s just not natural.
What conclusion can we make out of this list of red flags? There are scammers that occupy decent platforms, and scammers who actually cooperate with the dating platform.
For sure, the second type is more dangerous for your wallet and your nerves since not only one person will be trying to take advantage on you but many. You should avoid such apps.
If you see a combination of negative reviews and suspicious messages, as well as profiles, better make your conclusions quickly and stop using the application.
It frequently happens that an app is legit while some of the users are obviously scammers. It means, they present some fake facts about themselves and aim to steal the man’s money.
How to enjoy using a good app without all these annoying inconveniences? Some bloggers suggest to leave the profile empty, post a bad quality photo, indicate your low social status.
But those are bad options. Imagine finding a girl of your dreams on this app, honest, beautiful, serious-minded, and what happens if she see the terrible content of your profile?
So, present yourself as nicely as you can, yet be very careful choosing with whom to communicate. There are several tips on how to filter the flow of female pretenders.
- Do not send mass winks or other mass ice-breakers. You don’t need this feature, if you want a quality not a quantity. Chose among the women who write first.
- Completely ignore the messages that are too short, impersonal, shallow, vulgar, weird, obviously automatic. Respond to prolonged and meaningful personal messages.
- If you already got interested in some girl, analyze her profile before you go further. If there is a weird location indicated, or her self-description is too sweet and silly, do not bother.
- If she mentions her financial struggle in any way, always answer that you provide help only after a nice and reassuring personal meeting. If she is real, she’ll be motivated to meet.
- Immediately stop talking to the girls who are from the same city and seem to use the same scenario of letters or meetings. It can be the same agency operator and all is fake.
- Correspond with many. It may sound not logical after the previous recommendations, but we insist that you don’t rely on one girl only. It’s too painful if she appears a scammer.
If you use this collecting and filtering strategy, you’ll never lose. But don’t just go with the flow like many other people do, it won’t bring you a good harvest.
All recommendations listed above, were both for beginners and for skilled daters. But what if someone forgot even the basic warnings all Internet users should start with?
So: never, ever give your full name, detailed personal information, contact data, the address to someone online you don’t know. Even if the data is needed for some contest or other purposes.
Never send the money to strangers even if they provide you with all the proofs of their trouble. They should address the problem to volunteering organizations, not to single men.
Finally, do not come completely alone to the meeting with someone suspicious or someone with unclear intentions, especially late at night or to the place difficult to escape from.
Related Article: Ukrainian scammers: what is wrong with those girls?